Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Eyeshadow: shades of green

I have a dark look for you guys today. It's using two of my new green Fyrinnae eyeshadows. It's another darker look and you all know how much I love my greens! So because I haven't taken photos of the eyeshadows in their jars, here they are swatched on my hand.

Left photo (L-R): Enchanting Otters and Dark Fantasy (Arcane Magic). Right photo: Dark Fantasy on an angle.


As always with Fyrinnae eyeshadows, I applied a thin layer of Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I patted Enchanting Otters on the inner 2/3 of the lid and lower lashline, and then added Dark Fantasy on the outer third of the lid and lower lashline. I used Dark Fantasy through the crease, too. I then added a dab of a white eyeshadow with green duochrome on the inner corner.

I love my greens. Sparkling and dark at the same time.

Because cameras don't capture glitter very well, trust me when I say that the rainbow sparkles in Enchanting Otters is very obvious in person. The colour shift in Dark Fantasy happens on an angle and this was a bugger to photograph. I tried, though, and this is how it looks with my head tilted at a painfully unnatural angle. Even used dry, you can see the pinkish tinge to the eyeshadow in my crease.

See the pinkish tinge? You can even see it in the crease!

I've said it before but I adore Fyrinnae's eyeshadows, especially the Arcane Magics. There's seriously nothing else quite like them.