Monday, August 5, 2013

Nails: recent Sephora, A England & piCture pOlish manis

I've been a little slack with the nail polish posts of late, so here's a combined one with the last three manis I wore. The Sephora nail polish is one I picked up in Singapore, while the piCture pOlish and A England pretties are recent deliveries. The piCture pOlish nail colour was actually a freebie: they had a daily deal where I could get one free if I bought three polishes, which I did. Can't wait to try those out either. I'm particularly excited about the A England polish, since we've finally got an Australian distributor for them in the form of Femme Fatale Cosmetics. Woohoo!

First up is the Sephora nail polish (sadly, I think this has now been discontinued, but correct me if I'm wrong). It's a duochrome polish that looks steel blue with blue and gold microshimmer straight on, but on an angle reveals its greyish purple side with magenta shimmer. This was pretty easy to apply, considering the mini size of the bottle, and that was due to the nice, wide brush. Two coats was all I needed for even coverage.

Sephora Collection in #70 It's time to rock!

 You can see the purple duochrome clearly here.


Here it is looking more blue.

And now it looks more purple.

Ah, A England. Seriously, this is my absolute favourite nail polish formula ever. I have never had anything but bliss applying their nail polishes, no matter what the finish. This holo is from the Burne-Jones Dream collection and it applied like a dream. I had almost complete opacity with one coat, but did a second thin one just to be safe. As with most holos, it dried ridiculously quickly.


A England Sleeping Palace.

A subtle holo effect in a dusty purple base.

And last, but certainly not least, is the star of the show. Orbit looks nice in the bottle, with blue and silver glitter in a dark blue base. On the nails, though, it was out of this world. This polish was a little thicker and faster drying than I was expecting, so I had to apply it quickly. However, it dried super quick regardless and was almost opaque with one coat. I ended up doing two anyway. It was a little gritty, but my topcoat smoothed it right out.

piCture pOlish Orbit.

Multi-dimensional sparkly blue goodness!

I have more piCture pOlish, Ozotic and A England polishes to wear, so hopefully I'll get through those over the coming weeks. I also have a Dollish Polish order I'm waiting on. That's a lot of nail polish!