Friday, August 2, 2013

Swatches: new Fyrinnae eyeshadows

Today I have a swatch post for you. I recently ordered some delightful new sparklies from Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com) and they are marvellous! I'll post a couple of looks below the swatches so you can see for yourselves. All of my swatches are over Pixie Epoxy to show their maximum awesomeness.

Left to right: Agenda, Feisty Fennec Fox and Sloth Snuggles.


Left to right: Enchanting Otters, Dark Fantasy (Arcane Magic), Biker Chic.

Left to right: Dinosaur Plushie (free sample), Wizard's Wedding Cake (Arcane Magic).

So, a close look at the two Arcane Magic eyeshadows. For those who aren't familiar with these (please remedy that right now), these are eyeshadows that change colour depending on the way the light hits them. They look amazing in person but are notoriously difficult to photograph. I gave it my best shot, though!

Left: Wizard's Wedding cake is a blue-based purple when applied. Right: Dark Fantasy is a blackened grass green.


Left: WWC becomes a red-based purple when the light changes. Right: DF becomes a bronzey/burgundy shade.

I have three looks using these eyeshadows. First up is the lovely Wizard's Wedding Cake, which I applied on the outer two thirds of the lid and lower lashline. I used a white shadow with purple opalescence from Femme Fatale Cosmetics (Opaline Shoal - FYI, the site is down for a week) on the inner third of the lid and lower lashline, with a burgundy Inglot colour (#325 Matte) in the crease.

Can you see the colour shift in WWC? So pretty in real life.

Next up is a look that features Feisty Fennec Fox, which I applied all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used the dark brown from the Too Faced The Return of Sexy palette through the crease and outer V. I finished off with a dab of golden green shimmer in the form of Australis Greenhouse Effect eyeshadow.

I don't even know how to describe this colour. I love it!

For this last look, I used Agenda all over the lid and along the lower lashline on top of Pixie Epoxy. Unlike the other Fyrinnae shadows, Agenda doesn't have any shimmer in it; instead, it has a satin finish. Love! For the rest of the eye, I applied a mixture of the dark purple and burgundy/purple from the centre of the Too Faced The Return of Sexy palette in my crease and the outer third of the lower lashline. On the browbone I swept the pale pink colour from the same palette.

Greyed-out purple with a pink satiny sheen.

So there you have it. Anyone else indulged in some Fyrinnae goodies recently? Please share if you have. Which colours do you like the look of most?