Thursday, September 5, 2013

Eyeshadow: golden olive & orange

Today I'm showing you guys one of the new Clinique Chubby Sticks for eyes. I got one colour (from Myer), but I think may get at least one more. They sell for $35 in the shops in Australia, although my sister just bought one on Strawberrynet for only $24. I've worn it a couple of times already and it's great. It's easy to apply and once it sets, I get no creasing. It also makes for a very quick eye makeup application. I've teamed it with a bit of Sugarpill goodness here to give it a little bit more shimmer.

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint For Eyes in #05 Whopping Willow.

Sugarpill Asteria.

Sugarpill Goldilux.

I ran Whopping Willow all over the lid and lower lashline, blending it out with my finger. A brush would do nicely, but I'm lazy, so my fingers did the job. I very lightly applied Asteria through the crease and then dabbed the most minuscule bit of Goldilux on the the very centre of the eyelid. I finished off with liner and mascara.

Whopping Willow is a lovely golden olive colour.

Pardon the crapiness of my pictures. I take my photos in the bathroom (we have one of those heat/light duo numbers) and at the moment, the brighter (heat) light isn't working. That means my photos are going to be blurrier than usual for the next few posts and the colours may be a little off. In real life, these colours were a bit more intense and you could actually see Asteria. Ha!

Anyway, the Clinique eyeshadow is great. Because it's so fat it's obviously no good for accurately drawing a thin line, which is why I used my fingers to blend it out and up. I swatched a few in Myer and there's a lilac calling me. The darker purple seemed quite patchy when I swatched it on my hand, but all the other colours were nice and smooth. There's a range of lovely neutrals, which would make a 30-second look a breeze.