Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nails: recent manis (piCture pOlish & Dollish Polish)

So because I've been busy, I haven't had a chance to show off some lovely nail polishes that I've been wearing lately. I also went a little nuts buying new ones, so I haven't even had a chance to wear them all yet. So here are four recent manis: three piCture pOlish colours and a Dollish Polish holo.

piCture pOlish Shy Violet.

This is one of piCture pOlish's collaboration shades. It's a really lovely red-based purple jelly with scattered holo sparkles throughout it. I used three coats for the coverage you see here and you could still see visible nail line (for those who care about that sort of thing - I don't really mind). It could probably have done with a fourth coat, but who could be bothered? I think this still looks really nice. In the sun the holo particles appear silver to me.

piCture pOlish Shy Violet by Glam Polish.

piCture pOlish Freya's Cats.

Next up is another collaboration shade in Freya's Cats. I love this colour! It's a bright blue jelly with tons of scattered holo shimmer in it. This had more coverage than Shy Violet and I was able to get away with only two coats. It's so bright and it looks amazing in the sun! The holo sparkles give a nice scattered rainbow in the electric blue base.

piCture pOlish Freya's Cats by Nihrida

piCture pOlish Warning.

Warning is an interesting colour. According to the piCture pOlish web site, it's not a holo, glitter or multichrome polish. I didn't see the 'mystery rainbow effect' but I certainly saw a range of coloured shimmer particles in this, with pink and blue being the most obvious ones to me. It shines more pink on an angle like a duochrome, but is most definitely purple. I decided to try wearing it on its own, but next time I'll do as they suggest and wear it over black. This was four coats. Unlike the other PP polishes, it took a lot longer to dry, but I really love it so I can deal with it.

 piCture pOlish Warning.

Dollish Polish Space, the Final Frontier - Hyperdrive.

And last, but certainly not least, is the polish I'm wearing right now. This is a beautiful grey holo. Sounds simple, although it's not. It's freaking amazing. It's also got one of the strongest holo rainbow effects I've ever seen in a polish. This is my first Dollish Polish colour, but it won't be my last. I also have The Man in Black from the awesome Princess Bride collection. That alone gets my vote since it's my favourite movie ever. The other thing I like about Dollish Polish that you have a choice of a regular-size bottle or a mini. This is a mini. I rarely finish a bottle (because I'm a nail polish whore and have way too many) so this is a fabulous idea.

 Dollish Polish Space, the Final Frontier - Hyperdrive.

And that's it! Phew! Talk about a mega-long post. Sorry about that. I'll try and do nail polish posts as I wear them so I don't keep you hanging around for an hour reading my waffle. Hope you all have a great weekend.