Monday, October 28, 2013

Eyeshadow: bright aqua green shimmer

Hi guys. I have a nice, bright look for today. I subscribe to the Lust Have It! box every month and in the most recent (October) box, a full-size Inika mineral eyeshadow was included, worth $25. I've never tried Inika products before, although I had one friend who swore by their mineral foundation. All of their makeup is vegan, if that's important to you. You can get Inika online (http://inika.com.au) as well as in some Australian stores. I'm not sure about international availability.

Inika mineral eyeshadow in Mint Choc Cup.

For this look, I used a Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald as the base all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I applied Mint Choc Cup on top. I used Subterranean in the crease and Diamond Eyes on the browbone, both from the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry palette. I finished off the look with liner and mascara.

Bright aqua green shimmer. Oh yes!

I adore this colour. It's so pretty and it's actually not too shimmery at all. The eyeshadow is so finely milled, it's amazing. I had a look on the web site and this colour isn't there. I'm wondering if maybe they're expanding their colour range, which would be totally awesome! I'd definitely be willing to try more of their makeup, if the quality of this eyeshadow is anything to go by.

While $25 may seem like a lot to pay for one eyeshadow, comparatively speaking, it's actually a fairly good price for the Australian market. It's a dream to apply with excellent colour payoff. Definitely worth the investment.

Have any of you tried Inika cosmetics before? If so, what product should I try next?