Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Eyeshadow: coral plus new coral lip crayon

Greetings everyone! Today I had an order from Nutrimetics arrive, containing a lip crayon in a lovely coral colour. This isn't a colour I wear all that often. Anything even close to orange scares me, but I took the plunge with this one and it's awesome. Phew! I don't usually go all matchy matchy with my eyeshadow, although that's exactly what I had the urge to do today. I used Koi from Darling Girl Cosmetics, which is a coral shimmer with blue sparkles in it.

Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadow in Koi. 


I used a Sephora palette that I don't think I've mentioned before, although it's a bit older now. It's one of the Pro Lesson palettes and I have the one for green eyes. I used the pale shimmery taupe for the browbone and the burgundy colour through the crease. I applied NYX jumbo pencil in Milk all over the lid and along the lower lashline as a base, and then patted Koi on top.

Shimmery coral. Almost neutral-looking but not quite!

Then we have the lip crayon. It's just like any of the other ones floating around: it winds up and it offers sheer, buildable colour. It's a little shimmery, which I like, and it's quite glossy too.

Nutrimetics Jumbo Lip Colour in Coral.

Close up of the tip. 

And because I haven't yet figured out how to photograph my lips without looking stupid or wonky, here it is swatched on the back of my hand.

Pretty sheer, shimmery coral.

What do you guys think? Is coral a colour you go for or avoid? I'm liking it. I love the lip crayon concept. It makes it so easy to apply and gives a nicer, smoother glossy finish than a traditional gloss. Do you often pair your lip colour with your eye makeup? I kind of liked it in this instance, but it's not something I do very often.