Monday, October 7, 2013

IMATS haul & swatches

Finally! Here it is: my rather small haul from IMATS, along with swatches. I showed remarkable self-control this year, I must admit. Still, lots of pretty sparkliness in there.

My haul consisted of two Naked Cosmetics eyeshadow stacks (Ivory and Twilight), Embryolisse Hydra-Masque, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under-Eye concealer, Inglot Lip Duo in #26, Make Up Store microshadow in Forrest, Make Up Store glitter eyeshadow in Amazone, Make Up Store eyeliner in Darkest Shadow (Matt), Inglot Liquid Eyeliner in #29, Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in #93, and Girlee Cosmetics Dazzle Dust in Tiger's Eye and Sapphire.


And now on to the swatches. I obviously didn't swatch the Embryolisse mask or the concealer (it's a backup for the one I'm using now), but everything else is here. All of the loose eyeshadows were swatched over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy to show off their awesomeness, while everything else is on bare skin.

Inglot: I actually use the AMC Eyeliner Gel in #93 as a cream eyeshadow, which can be a silver or mauvey colour depending on the angle you look at it. The Liquid Eyeliner in #29 is a deep, matte eggplant colour. The Lip Duo in #26 has a dark pink creme lip colour on one side, with a similar shimmery version on the other side.

Naked Cosmetics: First up is the Twilight stack. These three are #TW-01, #TW-02 and #TW-03.


Naked Cosmetics: These three are #TW-04, #TW-05 and #TW-06 from the Twilight stack.

Girlee Cosmetics: These loose eyeshadows are Sapphire and Tiger's Eye. The pots are really huge so I'll have these things forever!

Make Up Store: First is the Forrest microshadow. It's not actually matte like it appears here. I should have used a base so you can see it properly. It's an olive green with gold and olive shimmer in it. The eyeliner is Darkest Shadow and it's not as black as the tester I swatched at the show. Hmm. The glitter eyeshadow in Amazone is amazing! It applied with a doefoot wand and it's a collection of different green and gold glitters.

Naked Cosmetics: This is the Ivory stack. These three are #IV-01 (a matte white I really don't see myself using much), #IV-02 and #IV-03.

Naked Cosmetics: These three are #IV-04, #IV-05 and #IV-06.

And that's everything! I can't wait to try them out, so I'll post looks as soon as I use these delightful new goodies. I'm happy with just about everything I got (maybe I just need to wipe off the top layer of the Make Up Store liner and it'll be as black as I thought it was?) and I can see myself using these a lot. I tried to get things I'd use regularly, rather than cool things I'll only use a couple of times or on 'special occasions'. I hate doing that!

Edit: I just realised I forgot to include the three makeup brushes I bought. Duh. Never mind. Maybe I'll think of it in an upcoming post.