Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Eyeshadow: antique gold shimmer

Today I have a new eyeshadow to show you guys. It's one of the Dior moussey kind of formulas in a glass pot, just like the Chanel ones. To touch with your finger, the formula feels exactly the same. The difference is the Dior ones come with a sponge-tipped applicator, while the Chanel ones come with a small synthetic brush. I found the Dior applicator pretty much useless, to be honest. It was only really good for applying the shadow along the lower lashline. Over the eyelid, use your own brush or even your fingers would work better.

Diorshow Fusion Mono eyeshadow in #381 Millenium.

I can't remember what I used for this look, as I took these photos a while ago. My best guess is that I used the Too Faced Naked Eye palette, because I've had that on hand ever since I bought it.

Too Faced Naked Eye palette.

I applied Millenium all over the lid and along the lower lashline. Then I used Like a Virgin in the crease and In The Buff on the browbone. Liner and mascara finishes off the look.

Dark golden sparkle that you can't even see. Bugger.

This eyeshadow looked incredible in real life, it just didn't translate well in these photos. It was really sparkly! The only problem I had with it is that it creased a little (I was wearing my usual Urban Decay eyeshadow primer), whereas my Chanel ones don't crease at all, even if I skip the eye primer. Since this first time, I've made sure to not use much towards the crease and keep the built-up colour along the lashes and it hasn't creased since.

Overall, I still like the Chanel ones better, since they have better wear and a usable brush, but I adore this colour, so I don't regret my purchase at all. The only thing that really bugs me is that the name of this colour isn't spelt correctly! I'm just being picky.