Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nails: some recent manis

Hey guys. I've got some recent manicures to show you today. They're all over the place in terms of colours and formulas! I'll start with what's on my nails right now. First is a totally in-your-face mani with an almost neon green (two coats) with a layer of dark green shimmery crackle polish on top. Finished off with topcoat, of course.

Bright green with dark green crackle. No, I'm still not over the whole crackle thing. 


Left: Chi Chi Relax Don't Do It. Right: OPI Shatter the Scales.

I had hoped this next one would turn out better, although I do still like it. It's just more subtle than I imagined. I got this awesome-looking Avon flakie polish, but it was really sheer, so I put a coat of black underneath. You can still tell the flakes are different colours, but they don't really catch the light.

Black with multi-coloured flakies.

Left: Essence #144 Black is Back. Right: Avon Cosmic Trip.


For this next one, I used four coats to make it opaque. You may be freaking out about that, but it's a colour that's actually meant to be worn over a black base. I didn't want to do that, so I just layered until I had it the way I wanted it. It's got an awesome purple to pink colour shift too.

Purple with magenta flakies.

It shifts to a magenta colour.

 And then finally to hot pink.

Pretty Serious Naught Night Shift Nurse.

This next one is from A England's Burne-Jones Dream collection. Another perfect holo. This was only two coats with a layer of topcoat. I love how it's a dark burnt red, rather than a traditional burgundy or red.

Burnt red holo.

A England Briarwood.

And last but certainly not least is an Aussie polish. This bright lavender holo only needed two coats for complete awesomeness. Finished off with one layer of topcoat.

Bright lavender holo.

 Lilypad Lacquer Popping Purple.